Brave Spaces is a two-year test and learn project which will support women facing multiple disadvantages, homelessness, trauma, domestic and sexual violence and abuse.
The ‘Women First’ project which has been supporting women who are rough sleeping, sofa surfing or living in temporary accommodation since 2019 has evolved. We have created further alliances with even more organisations to better support women who face multiple disadvantage across North Devon & Torridge.
Working in partnership with Exeter’s CoLab Women, we have become Brave Spaces.
Our experienced team are here to work with you, supporting you to live the life you want, helping to keep you safer through one off advice or longer term case work. We have designed our service with you in mind, where we take a trauma-informed, gendered approach to support you to regain your identity and build self-esteem and confidence which enables you to build a more resilient future.
- Safe & Secure Accommodation – Encompass Southwest offers a 6 bed female only supported accommodation in Barnstaple.
- Community based assertive outreach which includes; specialist IDVA support, mental health support, housing and tenancy advise, advocacy and signposting to wider services.
- Women’s only drop-in groups and activities
- Weekly drop-ins in Bideford & Barnstaple
- Monthly Art Club at The Burtan Art Gallery, Bideford
- Weekly coastal walking group
- Variety of other one off physical, art and wellbeing days as planned
Gender Informed Conference 27.01.2021