Reducing Homelessness and Poverty
Encompass Southwest is an independent registered charity that provides a range of advice, information and support services in communities across the south west of England, with a strong focus on rural/rural remote settlements.
Our work focuses on 3 main areas;
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping for adults and young people
- Supported Housing
- Financial Inclusion (Money & Debt Advice)
Everyone Has the Right to a Safe Place to Sleep
Our vision is simple, to end homelessness and poverty in our community by working together with our service users, stakeholders and wider community.
Our Core Objectives
- To develop a network of community based projects that provide high quality, advice, support and information services tailored to meet individual needs.
- To develop high quality supported housing across Northern Devon aimed at supporting people away from rough sleeping.
- To ensure that the services we provide are free, confidential and independent.
- To ensure that our services are accessible, discreet, non-judgemental and free from discrimination.
- To build strong, collaborative partnerships that strengthen communities and empower people to bring about positive changes to their lives.
- To ensure that service users, communities and stakeholders are involved in the design, delivery and improvement of our services.
- To use our experience, knowledge and social policy information to inform the public about the effects of poverty and homelessness, improve good practice and influence public policies to improve the lives of those we aim to support.
Thank You to Harrison for the Amazing Photos
You may recognise many of the images within our website, these have been taken by Harrison who is currently living in our supported accommodation. Harrison has experienced homelessness and has first hand experience of what it feels like to sleep rough. His images all have meaning and capture a feeling or an experience which both him and many others like him have felt.
It was so important that we capture the real and often raw emotions of our work and we are proud to include his amazing photographs on our website. If you would like to find out more about his work then please email him.