Reducing Homelessness and Poverty
Encompass Southwest is an independent registered charity that provides a range of advice, information and support services in communities across the south west of England, with a strong focus on rural/rural remote settlements.
Our work focuses on 3 main areas;
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping for adults and young people
- Supported Housing
- Financial Inclusion (Money & Debt Advice)
Vision, Mission and Values
Encompass Vision is that… people living in Northern Devon and surrounding areas who are in need, have a safe place to call home where they are supported to live a life free of hardship and crisis without discrimination.
The Mission of Encompass is to… prevent and alleviate homelessness and poverty across Northern Devon and surrounding areas through advice, support and specialist housing with a strong focus on rural/remote rural locations.
- Empowering our clients to live more fulfilling lives.
- Ensuring that our clients are treated with dignity and respect.
- Involving our customers and clients in decision making at all levels through structured service user forums.
- Ensuring all our staff and volunteers are trained to the highest standards.
- Staff and volunteers feel supported to achieve their potential, valued and proud to be part of the Encompass team.
- Providing high-quality advice and support through training and development.
- Making our service accessible to anyone in need.
- Offering an holistic approach to all our work.
- Placing the client at the heart of our delivery.
- Ensuring we inform, communicate and listen to all stakeholders regularly.
- Responding quickly and effectively to changes that directly impact our services both locally and nationally.
- Being recognised as a key provider of homelessness and financial inclusion services across Northern Devon and surrounding areas.
- Ensuring the continued delivery of high quality, person centred services to those that need it most.
Our Core Objectives
- To develop a network of community based projects that provide high quality, advice, support and information services tailored to meet individual needs.
- To develop high quality supported housing across Northern Devon aimed at supporting people away from rough sleeping.
- To ensure that the services we provide are free, confidential and independent.
- To ensure that our services are accessible, discreet, non-judgemental and free from discrimination.
- To build strong, collaborative partnerships that strengthen communities and empower people to bring about positive changes to their lives.
- To ensure that service users, communities and stakeholders are involved in the design, delivery and improvement of our services.
- To use our experience, knowledge and social policy information to inform the public about the effects of poverty and homelessness, improve good practice and influence public policies to improve the lives of those we aim to support.
Thank You to Harrison for the Amazing Photos
You may recognise many of the images within our website, these have been taken by Harrison who is currently living in our supported accommodation. Harrison has experienced homelessness and has first hand experience of what it feels like to sleep rough. His images all have meaning and capture a feeling or an experience which both him and many others like him have felt.
It was so important that we capture the real and often raw emotions of our work and we are proud to include his amazing photographs on our website. If you would like to find out more about his work then please email him.